Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Have an Ocean of Dreams

I have an ocean of dreams
In which I bathe
Everyday
And from which
I catch a fish or two
Now and then;

I have a river of desires
Which runs and runs
Wild and free
And crosses deserts of serenity
Until it rests in Eternity;

I have a forest of mysteries
In which I walk
From Morning to Night
And through its trees
I will see the Sun
When the Day is come;

I have mountains of pain and passion
With summits of joy
And valleys of sorrow
Which I climb and descend
Everyday;

I have a garden of thoughts
In which I plant seeds and flowers
In spring and summer
And in autumn and winter;

And I have a world of hope
Which I furnish
Everyday
With an ocean deep
And a river wide
And a forest dense
And mountains high
And a garden green.

4 comments:

  1. hiiiiiiiiiii
    wow girl this is awesome. I can hear your first steps of becoming a cool writer...sb like Austen...KEEP IT UP
    hooray I'm the first who leaves a comment here
    This poem reminds me of a...Spiral...the movement in an spiral way
    xoxoxox
    Gol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marzieh,

    I am glad to leave the 2nd comment here...

    You write like a feel today & like I felt when I was extremely young. Your "...Ocean of Dreams" travels across many worlds and waters to accept at last that all these worlds are within as well as without and are continually available for bathing, fishing, running, crossing, resting,
    seeing, climbing, descending and planting...

    And none of these infinite resources prove to be limited nor dependent on material riches. Yet your poem says to me that partaking of each of these and entering Eternity depends not on stifling the true self or SELF yet on balance, using each, freedom, joy, beauty and stretching.

    One of my favorite poems ever -worthy of memorizing for the most difficult challenges as well as for the most wide-open opportunities and occasions.

    One more notable: as you practice and make joyous use of each of these "realms" you are not apparently dependent on any other person nor limited by being apparently "alone".

    What a gift you have given us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golyar and Connie,
    Thank you for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a forest of mysteries
    In which I walk
    From Morning to Night
    And through its trees
    I will see the Sun
    When the Day is come;


    I loved this part the most..!
    Lovely job !

    ReplyDelete